Archisketch Forums

Importing 3D files to ArchiSketch

On July 3, 2018 your REPLY stated that ArchiSketch supports .gltf, .mmd, .stl, .3ds, .obj+, .mtl and .fbx 3D file formats (both import and export) so we have created a library of individual files to import and use.
1. Exactly how and where is this import done?
2. Can the library be imported and stored for future use?

I was also told that ArchiSketch is planning to expand its compatibilities to 2D formats such as DWG, DWF, DXF, and STL.
3. Has ArchiSketch expanded its compatibilities to 2D formats such as DWG, DWF, DXF, and STL?

Hello, ITA.

Yes, we are aware of that we promised import and export features in our campaign.

There won’t be much room for excuse for that we were not fully prepared at release.
However, given that we will listen to our backers’ voice and keep updating and polishing our product, this is why the features you mentioned are not yet implemented.

In the course of scheduling software delivery, we decided that it is more important to implement key scenarios within our product before thinking about compatibility with other software tools.

Right now, we are working on stabilizing the key scenario. Importing and exporting will have their full use only when the data to be communicated are assembled correctly.

We are afraid that it would be of another disappointment to you, but please wait until we fix our development plan and post it here.

Thank you for your support.

Gentleman, that’s a damn shame. You lied to me. Why you misrepresented the import export capabilities is well beyond my comprehension. I’m now disheartened supporter.

Hello, ITA.

We understand your disappointment.

But there are many other supporters who are waiting for that feature.
So, we are anyway going to make it work.

If you blame us for late delivery, we’ll take it.

Thank you.